The Las Vegas Transitional Grant Area (TGA) Ryan White Part A is an established part of a service continuum which supports a cadre of medical and support services for people who meet specific eligibility requirements.
To be eligible for Ryan White Part A services in the Las Vegas TGA the following requirements must be met:
1. Proof of Diagnosis – Verifiable documentation of HIV Status
2. Proof of Residence – Documented evidence denoted the individual resides in one of the following counties.
- Clark County, Nevada
- Nye County, Nevada
- Mohave County, Arizona
3. Proof of Income – Must have an gross income at or below 400% of the most current Federal Poverty Level (FPL) guidelines.
FORMULARIOS DE ACCESSO RAPIDO
Proof of Diagnosis
Medical documentation of HIV infection is required. Any of the following documents would be acceptable:
- A positive HIV antibody test result (Reactive IA/EIA/ELISA screening test) confirmed by Western Blot, Immunofluorescense Assay (IFA), Nucleic Acid Testing (Aptima), Multispot® HIV-1/HIV-2 Rapid Test by blood or oral fluid.
- A positive HIV direct viral test such as PCR or P24 antigen.
- A detectable HIV viral load (undetectable viral load tests are NOT proof of HIV)
- A viral resistance test result
- 4th Generation testing
- A statement or letter signed by a medical professional (acceptable signatories are listed below), on office letterhead/prescription pad indicating that the individual is HIV positive and must accompany a lab test to confirm current HIV status within 60 days.
- Presumptive diagnosis based upon lab results, and/or medical therapies prescribed by a previous medical provider.
Proof of Residency
(AZ)U.S. Citizenship is NOT a requirement for accessing Ryan White Part A services. Applicants do not have to document citizenship or immigration status in order to be eligible for services. Service providers are not required to report undocumented clients to the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
Proof of residency requires provision of a valid form of identification AND supporting documentation denoting residential address located in Clark County (NV), Nye County (NV) or Mohave County (AZ). A P.O. Box is not acceptable.
Valid Identification includes…
- Drivers License Issued by the State of Nevada or Arizona
- Identification Card Issued by the State of Nevada or Arizona
- United States Passport
- US Visa (immigrant and non-immigrant)
However, if you do not have the above referenced documentation any of the supporting documentation noted below will be accepted as proof of residency as long as the address listed is a physical (land) address and is consistent with the client’s stated address on the intake/application documents. Such documentation must have been issued within the past twelve (12) months,
- Current Mortgage Statement (Must have Clients Name & Address)
- Current Lease/Rental Agreement (Must have Clients Name & Address)
- SNAP / Food Stamp Documentation
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) Documentation
- Social Security or Veteran’s Administration Benefits Award Letter
- Unemployment Documentation / Benefits Statement
- General Assistance Documentation
- Property Tax Statement
- Homeowners Association (HOA) assessment/fee statement, or
- Non-property tax bill or tax assessment statement
- W-2 (tax) form from employer (most recent tax year)
- Check Stubs from Employer (most recent tax year)
- Bank statement (Most recent month)
- Utility Bills (Electric, Gas, Water, Sewer)
- Current Voter Registration Card
- School Identification
- An Official piece of mail such as a Jury Summons
- A billing statement from a department store, doctor’s office, or insurance company, cell phone company
- Notarized statement from a homeless service provider (shelter, clinic, food program, etc.) verifying homelessness
- A written statement from a service provider on organizational letterhead indicating the provider has met with client in a home visit at a specific address in the Las Vegas TGA.
Proof of Income
Acceptable Documents Include:
- Check stubs listing gross wages/employer’s statement listing gross wages
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) checks or benefit/award letters
- Social Security Administration (SSA) checks or benefit/award letters
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) checks or benefit/award letters
- Section 8 Rental Assistance Statement
- Other letters of Notification of Benefits (e.g., Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, private disability, retirement/pension, Worker’s Compensation, Veteran’s Administration, WIC Program, Low Income Subsidy, etc.)
- Other public assistance checks
- Current W-2 Wage and Tax Statement forms
- Third party screenings (TPQY) for verifying SSA/SSI benefit information
- Notarized letter from Head of Household (HOH) detailing the client’s relationship to the HOH and the level of financial assistance provided to the client
- Income from rental property
- Child support/court order check
- A zero income letter (on letterhead) from a shelter or residential treatment facility located in the Las Vegas TGA
- In extreme and rare cases, a notarized self-declaration letter from the client indicating their income (must be signed off on by the client’s Medical Case Manager)
Ryan White Part A
Clark County Social Services
2820 W. Charleston Blvd., Ste B-15
Las Vegas, NV 89102
“This project is/was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number: H89HA06900 and title HIV Emergency Relief Project Grants for grant amount:$2,834,421. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.”